About Texas Children's Hospital
The Texas Children’s Hospital system is the largest pediatric integrated care system and is an industry leader in pediatric population health. Founded in 1996, Texas Children’s Health Plan is the nation's first health maintenance organization (HMO) created just for children and pregnant women. We are an Integrated Community System providing holistic care that empowers families to live healthier lives.
Texas Children's Health Plan is also the largest combined STAR/CHIP Managed Care Organization in the Harris County service area. Currently, the Health Plan serves more than 450,000 members across three state territories (Harris, Jefferson, North East), who receive care from our network of more than 1,100 primary care physicians, 3,200 specialists, and 70 hospitals.
To join our community of 13,000 dedicated team members, visit www.texaschildrenspeople.org
for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at www.infinitepassion.org
We are searching for a Medical Claims and Benefits Specialist -- someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you will investigate and accurately process claim appeals within the regulatory requirements mandated by the State of Texas.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
- Process Specialists Adjustments, Replacements, Refunds, and Appeals Queues, at 98% average, within 30 days of receipt
- Provide effective, timely investigations and follow-up on all internal customer requests and Special Projects
- Identify and communicate to team, leadership, and other departments (if applicable), trends related to appeals processing not yet addressed in a desk level procedure or identified by another team member
- Analyzes potential system configuration setup issues when trending appeals to determine if modifications must be made to increase the automation of the adjudication flow
- Evaluates the appropriateness of code bundling, un-bundling, and addition of modifiers by provider to determine if higher level of payment is warranted or if provider is upcoding
- Process and coordinate claims identified by the Fraud, Waste & Abuse (FWA) department for retraction and/or reprocessing
- Process all claims for providers flagged by the Office of Inspector General for prepayment review within 30 days of receipt
- Being fully vaccinated against COVID-19, including any booster dose(s) of the COVID-19 vaccine recommended by the Centers for Disease Control when eligible, is required for all employees at Texas Children’s, unless approved for a medical or religious exemption.
- High school diploma or GED required
- 3 years claims processing experience required
- A bachelor’s degree may substitute for the required experience
- Medical claims experience highly preferred
Current Texas Children’s employees – Please click here to login.