About Texas Children's Hospital
Texas Children’s Hospital The Woodlands is north Houston’s first true, free-standing pediatric hospital designed, equipped and staffed exclusively to provide care in more than 25 areas of specialty care for children and adolescents. Hospital facilities include 24 emergency center rooms, outpatient exam rooms, radiology rooms, operating rooms and acute care beds, as well as a pediatric intensive care unit (PICU).
To join our community of 14,000+ dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org
for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org
Texas Children’s is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants and employees are considered and evaluated for positions at Texas Children's without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.
We are searching for an Flex Registered Nurse(Woodlands)—someone who works well in a fast-paced hospital setting. In this position you’ll provide quality nursing care to patients by assessing, planning, educating, implementing, and evaluating age appropriate care in a manner that incorporates family centered principles and cost-effective care. We need someone who can collect and analyze data from the medical record in order to coordinate patient care.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
- Looking for critical care experience
- pediatric experience
** RN will float to ICUs, Acute Care, and ER**
- Performs and documents assessment of the patient/family including biophysical, psychosocial, developmental (age-appropriate), culture, spiritual, and environmental needs in an organized and systematic manner
- Analyzes situations, anticipates potential problems, and detects changes in patient status
- Re-prioritizes and updates plan of care based on new information and changes to the patient’s condition; communicates this information to other health care team members and documents in the medical record
- Participates in interdisciplinary rounds and/or patient care conferences and documents in the medical record
- Assists patients/family in implementing their role in the plan of care as appropriate
- Assess patient family learning needs capabilities, preferences, and readiness to learn prior to teaching
- Demonstrates positive and effective interpersonal skills when dealing with patients/families, visitors, peers, and other health care team members
- Administers and documents medications and treatments in a timely manner
- Demonstrates willingness and ability to acquire new knowledge and utilize new skills needed to improve individual, team, and organizational performance
- Participate in unit performance improvement initiatives
Being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 is required for all employees at Texas Children’s, unless approved for a medical or religious exemption.
- Bachelor’s degree in nursing, associate’s degree, or technical diploma in nursing with acceptance or current enrollment in a BSN program and signed agreement or an associate’s degree in a related field accepted by the Texas Board of Nursing for the purposes of obtaining and maintaining an RN license required or must be currently enrolled in a nursing bridge program working toward an MSN with a verified BSN-equivalency or a signed agreement.
- 1 year experience in nursing (minimum)
- RN License by Texas Board of Nursing or Nurse License Compact
- CPR – Basic Life Support from the American Heart Association
- The ability to demonstrate positive and appropriate interpersonal skills, good time and resource management skills, flexibility, strong oral and written communication skills, knowledge of unit-specific equipment, and knowledge of the nursing process, critical thinking skills, PALS, and interdisciplinary collaboration
Current Texas Children’s employees – Please click here to login.