About Texas Children's Hospital
Texas Children’s Hospital The Woodlands, the first hospital devoted to children’s care for communities north of Houston, opened its doors in April 2017. Located in one of the fastest growing areas in north Houston, the hospital, which has a staff of over 600, has already provided thousands of patients with specialty care closer to home. The outpatient building, which opened in October 2016, includes 72 exam rooms and clinics for major pediatric specialties including cancer, cardiology, allergy/immunology/rheumatology and diabetes/endocrinology. The hospital’s inpatient building features the area’s only dedicated pediatric emergency center with 25 patient rooms, 32 acute care beds, four operating rooms, 12 radiology suites and 28 critical care rooms.
To join our community of 13,000 dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org
for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org
We are searching for a Outpatient Speech Pathologist -- someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you will appropriately diagnose and treat patients primarily between the ages of 0 –21 years with speech, oral motor/swallowing, language, and learning disorders.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
- Performs patient evaluations/consultations and interprets results
- Provides results verbally to patient and/or family/caregiver and/or to referral source
- Develops treatment plan in conjunction with patient and/or family/caregiver
- Implements treatment plan and monitors progress on an ongoing basis
- Maintains records as required by law, IDS policy and administrative regulations
- Documents evaluation procedures, results, diagnoses, and recommendations
- Attends and participates in continuing education programs as required to maintain licensure and promote professional growth
- Promotes speech-language pathology services within the community and the IDS
- Being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 is required for all employees unless approved for a medical or religious exemption
- Master’s degree in Speech-Language Pathology field of study required
- CCC-SLP certification from the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association required
- TX-SLP license from the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation required
- 1-year professional speech-language pathology experience with pediatrics required
Current Texas Children’s employees – Please click here to login.