About Texas Children's Hospital
Founded in 1996, Texas Children’s Health Plan is the nation's first health maintenance organization (HMO) created just for children. We provide STAR/Medicaid and Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP) to pregnant women, teens, children and adults in Houston and surrounding areas. Currently, the Health Plan has more than 375,000 members who receive care from our network of more than 1,100 Created 1.2020 primary care physicians, 3,200 specialists, and 70 hospitals. Texas Children's Health Plan is also the largest combined STAR/CHIP Managed Care Organization in the Harris County service area. To join our community of 14,000+ dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org
for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org
. Texas Children’s is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants and employees are considered and evaluated for positions at Texas Children's without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.
We are searching for a Senior Decision Support Analyst -- someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you will assist leadership (managers to executive leaders) in assessing the impact of strategic and financial decision points which involve modeling and data analytics of large data sets, often summarizing into high impact communications. This position works with all levels of authority inclusive of executive and board levels, for decision-making and actions. In some cases, a Senior Decision Support Analyst will be budgeted in an operating department and have matrixed reporting responsibility to that particular department supporting their focused needs.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
- Performs predictive analytics using machine learning, big data analysis, statistics, scientific approaches, and research in order to manage medical expense within the capitated dollars received from the state and also promote high quality delivery of services
- Provides analysis of historical data (i.e., claims expense, utilization, membership, provider contract terms etc.) and recommends actions (i.e., contract re-negotiation priorities, cost containment initiatives, etc.)
- Coordinates department or analytical requests, as observed by the Director or Manager
- Develops timeline and work plan for completing projects and coordinates with the requesting department to ensure effective integration of requestor’s needs
- Assists management in preparing large projects or project plans. Prepares and provides targets and templates to the directors and managers to enable data and support
- Lead, oversee and perform projects and analysis related to financial and strategic analysis and planning
- Oversees the development and administration of alternative payment models and value-based contracting for providers, as well as employee incentive plans
- Oversees the technical accuracy and data integrity and reviews reconciliation of other staff members
- Conducts and completes special projects and/or analyses as assigned and defined by Director according to the time frame established at project inception by stakeholders
- Being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 is required for all employees unless approved for a medical or religious exemption
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, or Accounting required
- Master’s degree in Health Administration or Business Administration preferred
- 4 years accounting or finance experience required
- Health insurance or health care industry experience preferred
Current Texas Children’s employees – Please click here to login.