About Texas Children's HospitalTexas Children’s Health PlanFounded in 1996, Texas Children’s Health Plan is the nation's first health maintenance organization (HMO) created just for children. We provide STAR/Medicaid and Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP) to pregnant women, teens, children and adults in Houston and surrounding areas. Currently, the Health Plan has more than 375,000 members who receive care from our network of more than 1,100 primary care physicians, 3,200 specialists, and 70 hospitals. Texas Children's Health Plan is also the largest combined STAR/CHIP Managed Care Organization in the Harris County service area.To join our community of 14,000+dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org.Texas Children’s is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants and employees are considered and evaluated for positions at Texas Children's without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.
We are searching for a Patient Access Specialist -- someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you will provide assistance within a comprehensive guest services program that helps meet the unique needs of members and families to include appointment assistance, directions, transportation, and problem resolution. You will also manage and respond to all customer inquiries regarding member accounts and ensure appropriate issue resolution.
Think you’ve got what it takes
· Greets patients, members, and families upon arrival and directs them to their destination
· Schedules appointments per practice protocol. Advises Care Team of issues with requests for same day appointments
· Investigates family barriers in order to achieve appointment compliance
· Answers telephone calls, assesses needs and determines appropriate actions for account resolution
· Serves as the change fund custodian by counting the change fund and document in accordance with organizational policies and procedures that the fund has been counted at the beginning and end of each business day or shift
· Updates guarantor and patient demographics, insurance information, requests, and payment arrangement information as needed
· Achieves desired outcomes as identified in assignment, program, or other initiative team goals, as well as individual goals, to achieve performance targets
· Demonstrates commitment to team, flexibility, professional interpersonal, communication, critical thinking, and customer service skills
· Being fully vaccinated against COVID-19, including any booster dose(s) of the COVID-19 vaccine recommended by the Centers for Disease Control when eligible, is required for all employees at Texas Children’s, unless approved for a medical or religious exemption
· High school diploma or GED required
· College degree preferred
· 2 years customer service or business experience, preferably in a healthcare environment required