About Texas Children's HospitalTexas Children’s Pavilion for Women is a comprehensive obstetrics/gynecology facility and one of a select few hospitals nationwide that provides women, mothers and babies with a full continuum of high-quality, expert health care. Offering a full spectrum of maternal and fetal medicine services, including an array of fetal diagnostic procedures and highly specialized fetal surgeries, the Pavilion for Women is connected to Texas Children’s Hospital via a two-story circular sky bridge to enhance patient care by providing physicians, staff and patient families with rapid access to other pediatric subspecialists. Three private OB/GYN practices, The Family Fertility Center, The Menopause Center and The Women’s Place – Center for Reproductive Psychiatry are all housed here. Additionally, we also recently opened a community-based OB/GYN practice in Pearland. To join our community of 14,000+ dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org. Texas Children’s is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants and employees are considered and evaluated for positions at Texas Children's without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.
We are searching for a Pathology Patient Care Tech II -- someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you will perform phlebotomy for inpatients and outpatients at our medical facility.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
· Interacts with patients and parents to perform phlebotomy procedures following protocols for age appropriate care
· Performs venepuncture, fingerstick, and heelstick phlebotomy procedures including blood cultures, newborn screens, dxylose and glucose tolerances, etc. as written in the Central Receiving and Processing manual
· Greets parents and patients promptly and courteously, values customers and gives customer full attentions
· Demonstrates theoretical and practical knowledge of the procedures and equipment; maintains skills and demonstrates competency via performance, documentation, and observation by supervisory staff
· Performs and participates in proficiency testing programs to validate competency as required
· Demonstrates theoretical and practical knowledge of the procedures and equipment, maintains skills and demonstrates competency via performance, documentation, and observation by supervisory staff
· Documents events in the event tracker as events are discovered. Investigates circumstances around the events and document
· directs workflow and staff breaks to ensure work is processed within the established turn-around time
Being fully vaccinated against COVID-19, including any booster dose(s) of the COVID-19 vaccine recommended by the Centers for Disease Control when eligible, is required for all employees at Texas Children’s, unless approved for a medical or religious exemption
· High school diploma or GED required
· 1 year phlebotomist experience required