About Texas Children's Hospital
Strategically located throughout the greater Houston area, Texas Children's Health Centers offer the same high-quality pediatric subspecialty care as our hospital – right in your neighborhood. Staffed by pediatric specialists from Texas Children's Hospital and Baylor College of Medicine, our teams are trained to care for the physical and emotional needs of children and adolescents. Working closely with a child's primary-care physician, our specialists diagnose health conditions and develop patient-specific treatment plans.
To join our community of 13,000 dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org
for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org
We are searching for an Audiology Clinical Generalist -- someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you will provide the highest quality age-appropriate audiologic care for patients newborn to 21 years of age within the scope of practice and established practice standards for Audiology.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
- Provides diagnostic assessments
- Complete documentation meeting departmental standards for content, accuracy and timeliness
- Counsels/educates parents regarding test results/recommendations/financial resources
- Complete at least 2 director approved ½ hour topic or case presentations per year to staff, residents, parents, community, and other professionals
- Participate in work-sponsored educational opportunities
- Performs hearing aid room maintenance and software updates
- Serves on audiology committees or specialty teams
- Being fully vaccinated against COVID-19, including any booster dose(s) of the COVID-19 vaccine recommended by the Centers for Disease Control when eligible, is required for all employees at Texas Children’s, unless approved for a medical or religious exemption.
- Doctorate required
- Doctorate in audiology preferred
- Texas Audiology License from the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation required
- BLS from the American Heart Association required
- CCC-A from the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association or ABA-CERT from the American Board of Audiology within 6 months of position start date required
- Pediatric experience is preferred
- Experience with hearing aid fitting and dispensing preferred
Current Texas Children’s employees – Please click here to login.