About Texas Children's HospitalTexas Children’s Hospital The Woodlands is north Houston’s first true, free-standing pediatric hospital designed, equipped and staffed exclusively to provide care in more than 25 areas of specialty care for children and adolescents. Hospital facilities include 24 emergency center rooms, outpatient exam rooms, radiology rooms, operating rooms and acute care beds, as well as a pediatric intensive care unit (PICU). To join our community of 14,000+ dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org.
We are searching for a Radiology Specialist -- someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you will integrate scientific knowledge, technical skills, patient interaction and compassionate care resulting in diagnostic information, and recognizes patient conditions essential for successful completion of the procedure. The Generalist must demonstrate an understanding of human anatomy, physiology, pathology, and medical terminology. Radiographers must maintain a high degree of accuracy in radiographic positioning and exposure technique.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
• Confirms patient identity with approved identifiers
• Checks room daily for adequate stock necessary to facilitate continuous exam flow. Maintains appropriate inventory as indicated by posted par levels and updates supply lists when items are needed
• Provides clear and detailed information regarding the procedure to the patient, family, and others
• Working independently performs routine and complex, portable, STAT, urgent, on-call and intraoperative diagnostic radiographic and fluoroscopy cases, while accurately demonstrating anatomy and pathology through proper diagnostic scanning
• Determines technical exposure factors, identifies, and removes artifact producing objects, and utilizes shielding devices to protect the patient, self, and others
• Demonstrates systems functionalities, accurately performs functions independently and serves as a resource to others
• Applies patient safety principles during all aspects of radiographic procedures, including assisting and transporting patients
• Evaluates operations, resolves questions and provides follow-up to ensure appropriate actions are taken
• Build rapport and facilitate communication outside of the department. Network, coordinate activities, become a sought-after contact person within the working group
• Being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 is required for all employees unless approved for a medical or religious exemption
• Technical diploma from a formal diagnostic Radiology program required
• R-AART certification from the American Registry of Radiology Technologists required
• CMRT certification from the Texas Medical Board required
• BLS certification from the American Heart Association required
• 3 years Radiology experience required