About Texas Children's Hospital
Founded in 1996, Texas Children’s Health Plan is the nation's first health maintenance organization (HMO) created just for children. We provide STAR/Medicaid and Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP) to pregnant women, teens, children and adults in Houston and surrounding areas. Currently, the Health Plan has more than 375,000 members who receive care from our network of more than 1,100 primary care physicians, 3,200 specialists, and 70 hospitals. Texas Children's Health Plan is also the largest combined STAR/CHIP Managed Care Organization in the Harris County service area.
To join our community of 14,000+ dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org
for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org
Texas Children’s is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants and employees are considered and evaluated for positions at Texas Children's without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.
Do you want to be a part of world-renowned organization? Do you want to change the future? Come join our team!
We are searching for a Network Architect -- someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you will design and oversee the technical implementation of the network infrastructure to effectively support the hospital's business and clinical application requirements, while also focusing on the long-term strategic planning and engineering of the most optimal and cost-effective network design for the organization.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
- Develops, implements, and evaluates the design of the Network Infrastructure
- Provides appropriate assessment of all existing and future network architectural plans to ensure the optimization of resources to provide the best infrastructure to support the applications
- Works with our network vendors to develop the most optimal plans utilizing the best technology while continuously focusing on data security and redundancy for the hospital’s applications
- Assists management in the writing of procedures and provides appropriate education to the Network Services Support Staff
- Assesses learning needs of the Network Services production support staff and develops educational materials and documentation for the proper methods of troubleshooting and supporting of the production network
- Provides networking expertise and guidance to IS project managers in the initial planning and design of enterprise-wide IS projects
- Provides high-level network support during an IS application crises situation that cannot be quickly solved by first line production support or on-call network support personnel
- Manages projects related to the design and implementation of new network related technologies’
- Develops and implements yearly objectives to enhance service and department, adjusting as needed as evidenced by quarterly meetings and project completion
Being fully vaccinated against COVID-19, including any booster dose(s) of the COVID-19 vaccine recommended by the Centers for Disease Control when eligible, is required for all employees at Texas Children’s, unless approved for a medical or religious exemption
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, electrical engineering or related field required
- Four years of additional related experience may be substituted in lieu of a bachelor’s degree
- CCIE or CCNP certification preferred
- 7 years Cisco networking experience required
Highly preferred skills:
- 3-5 years of hands-on enterprise experience with Firewall technologies, including Web Application Firewalls
- 3-5 years of hands-one enterprise experience with Load Balancing technologies, including complex implementations
- 2-3 years of experience with Cloud networking (AWS, Google, Azure)
- 2-3 years of experience with scripting (bash, Perl, PowerShell)
- 1-2 years of experience with PKI and certificate chains
Current Texas Children’s employees – Please click here to login.