About Texas Children's Hospital
Texas Children’s Hospital West Campus is Houston’s first community hospital designed, built and equipped exclusively for children in one of the city’s most rapidly growing communities in the area from Sugar Land to Bryan-College Station, Texas. Located at I-10 and Barker Cypress, our 515,007-square-foot hospital houses the only 24/7 pediatric emergency room in the Greater West Houston area, four operating rooms, 16-bed pediatric intensive care unit, 46 acute care beds, advanced imaging services including MRI and CT scans, a neurophysiology sleep lab, a pathology lab and a full-scale pharmacy.
To join our community of 14,000+ dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org
for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org
Texas Children’s is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants and employees are considered and evaluated for positions at Texas Children's without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.
We are searching for an Assistant Director of Sleep Services -- someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you will plan, direct, and maintain activities that promote the organization’s mission and philosophy for system Sleep Services. The Assistant Director should have thorough knowledge of inpatient and outpatient clinical sleep operations. This position will facilitate sleep services for the system across all campuses and community locations, in partnership with the local leadership teams.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
- Provide direct patient care services as program needs dictate, providing cross-coverage for Community Sleep leaders as requested
- Direct system sleep operations to ensure the delivery of safe, high quality, age-appropriate, care and/or service within a family-centered care environment, as measured by patient satisfaction scores, patient complaints, performance improvement indicators, regulatory compliance, and new programs/initiatives
- Assure the delivery of cost-effective care and/or service, appropriate management and justification of resources which includes personnel, supplies, capital and revenue, as measured by variance analysis reports, technical billing and professional billing, revenue enhancement/expense reduction and billing documentation audit reports
- Leads system level accountability for the Sleep Program through maintenance of transparent metrics and reporting on performance for all Sleep Labs and Clinic Locations across the system
- Ensure the creation of a work climate that fosters employee satisfaction and organizational commitment through regular interaction with Medical Director of Sleep, managers, community leaders, and providers as measured by employee survey results and turnover rates
- Ensure the provision of effective training and development opportunities for staff and leaders in order to continually improve departmental and organizational performance and develop talent to ensure ongoing system success and growth, as measured by improved individual, team, and departmental performance and a talent management plan
- Ensures that Joint Commission requirements specific to the department are fulfilled but also understand the linkage between the department’s requirements and those of the integrated delivery system
- Ensures that all sites are continually working towards AASM Accreditation
- Being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 is required for all employees unless approved for a medical or religious exemption
- Bachelor’s degree required
- MHA, MBA, or clinical background preferred
- RPGT certification from the Board of Registered Polysomnographic Technologists preferred
- 3 years healthcare experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience required
- 2 years formal management experience required
- 2 years clinical sleep lab experience (pediatric preferred)
- 5 years technical sleep experience preferred
- Other qualified experience in a Sleep Lab may be considered in lieu of technical experience
Current Texas Children’s employees – Please click here to login.