About Texas Children's HospitalSince 1954, Texas Children’s has been leading the charge in patient care, education and research to accelerate health care for children and women around the world. When you love what you do, it truly shows in the smiles of our patient families, employees and our numerous accolades such as being consistently ranked as the best children’s hospital in Texas, and among the top in the nation by U.S.News & World Report as well as recognition from Houston Business Journal as one of this city’s Best Places to Work for ten consecutive years. Texas Children’s comprehensive health care network includes our primary hospital in the Texas Medical Center with expertise in over 40 pediatric subspecialties; the Jan and Dan Duncan Neurological Research Institute (NRI); the Feigin Center for pediatric research; Texas Children’s Pavilion for Women, a comprehensive obstetrics/gynecology facility focusing on high-risk births; Texas Children’s Hospital West Campus, a community hospital in suburban West Houston; and Texas Children’s Hospital The Woodlands, the first hospital devoted to children’s care for communities north of Houston. We have also created the nation’s first HMO for children, established the largest pediatric primary care network in the country and a global health program that is channeling care to children and women all over the world. Texas Children’s Hospital is also academically affiliated with Baylor College of Medicine, one of the largest, most diverse and successful pediatric programs in the nation. To join our community of 14,000+ dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org. Texas Children’s is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants and employees are considered and evaluated for positions at Texas Children's without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.
We are searching for a Medical Technologist -- someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you will perform routine and special procedures to obtain data or prepare products for the diagnosis and treatment of disease and the provision of quality patient care.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
· Prepares and performs tests on specimens; maintains documentation systems
· Orders supplies as needed to maintain set inventory levels and complete patient orders
· Performs and documents results of all quality control procedures according to the written guidelines in the appropriate logs and immediately quarantines any defective reagents
· Participates in the teaching of other personnel and continuing education
· Analyzes specimens in proficiency testing programs to validate procedural competencies by obtaining accurate results periodically as directed by supervisor and documented in records
· Provides age-appropriate care by following established technical protocols based on age of patient, using appropriate instrumentation, and reporting and interpreting results based on normal ranges
· Determines suitability of supplies at every step of handling from receipt to final disposition and immediately quarantines and/or discards unsuitable supplies
· Performs or assists the supervisor and other employees with troubleshooting reagent QC and instrument problems, evaluation of new instruments and procedures, and writing of new procedures
Being fully vaccinated against COVID-19, including any booster dose(s) of the COVID-19 vaccine recommended by the Centers for Disease Control when eligible, is required for all employees at Texas Children’s, unless approved for a medical or religious exemption
· Bachelor’s degree required
· One or more of the following certifications are required: MT-STATE, MT-AAB, MT-AMT, CLSP, IMLS, BB-ASCP, C-ASCP, H-ASCP, MLS,ASCP, MT-ASCP, M-ASCP, MB-ASCP, MP-ASCP, or MT-NCA