About Texas Children's HospitalTexas Children’s Hospital West Campus is Houston’s first community hospital designed, built and equipped exclusively for children in one of the city’s most rapidly growing communities in the area from Sugar Land to Bryan-College Station, Texas. Located at I-10 and Barker Cypress, our 515,007-square-foot hospital houses the only 24/7 pediatric emergency room in the Greater West Houston area, four operating rooms, 16-bed pediatric intensive care unit, 46 acute care beds, advanced imaging services including MRI and CT scans, a neurophysiology sleep lab, a pathology lab and a full-scale pharmacy. To join our community of 14,000+ dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org. Texas Children’s is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants and employees are considered and evaluated for positions at Texas Children's without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.
We are searching for a Clinical Pharmacy Specialist -- someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you will manage and promote activities appropriate to ensure the medication use process, serve as mentor to pharmacists who provide services to the medical specialty, and to assist in direct patient care activities to promote optimal drug therapy and resolve medication use problems in a manner developmentally appropriate for the ages of patients served (0-adult).
Think you’ve got what it takes?
· Utilizes practice knowledge and skills to serve as Clinical Practitioner
· Serves as member of patient care committees for medical specialty service. Makes recommendations and implements change to improve patient care
· Ensures the medication use process
· Promotes the use of the formulary and follows procedures to obtain non-formulary medications
· Participates in the education of parents/patients, care givers, pharmacists, and pharmacy residents and students
· Develops educational programs, both practice-area specific and general education for pharmacists to ensure good patient care.
· Be available for a consultation throughout the transplant process as deemed necessary by the transplant team
· Participates in the recruitment and successful hiring and training of pharmacists, completing the appropriate tasks to help hire and train employees as needed
Being fully vaccinated against COVID-19, including any booster dose(s) of the COVID-19 vaccine recommended by the Centers for Disease Control when eligible, is required for all employees at Texas Children’s, unless approved for a medical or religious exemption
· Bachelor’s or doctoral degree in Pharmacy required
· RPH certification from the state of Texas required
· 2 years’ PGY1 ASHP-accredited Pharmacy Practice Residency and a PGY2 Pharmacy Residency in an Advanced Area of Pharmacy Practice required
· 5 years’ PGY1 ASHP-accredited Pharmacy Practice Residency with 4 years’ experience in a pediatric inpatient hospital pharmacy setting with clinical responsibilities can substitute for previous experience