About Texas Children's HospitalSince 1954, Texas Children’s has been leading the charge in patient care, education and research to accelerate health care for children and women around the world. When you love what you do, it truly shows in the smiles of our patient families, employees and our numerous accolades such as being consistently ranked as the best children’s hospital in Texas, and among the top in the nation by U.S.News & World Report as well as recognition from Houston Business Journal as one of this city’s Best Places to Work for ten consecutive years. Texas Children’s comprehensive health care network includes our primary hospital in the Texas Medical Center with expertise in over 40 pediatric subspecialties; the Jan and Dan Duncan Neurological Research Institute (NRI); the Feigin Center for pediatric research; Texas Children’s Pavilion for Women, a comprehensive obstetrics/gynecology facility focusing on high-risk births; Texas Children’s Hospital West Campus, a community hospital in suburban West Houston; and Texas Children’s Hospital The Woodlands, the first hospital devoted to children’s care for communities north of Houston. We have also created the nation’s first HMO for children, established the largest pediatric primary care network in the country and a global health program that is channeling care to children and women all over the world. Texas Children’s Hospital is also academically affiliated with Baylor College of Medicine, one of the largest, most diverse and successful pediatric programs in the nation. To join our community of 14,000+ dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org. Texas Children’s is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants and employees are considered and evaluated for positions at Texas Children's without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.
We are looking for an MRI Generalist – someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you will perform exceptional quality routine and specialized radiographic procedures at the request licensed independent practitioner for interpretation by radiologists. You will integrate scientific knowledge, technical skills, patient interaction and compassionate care resulting in diagnostic information, and recognize patient conditions essential for successful completion of the procedure.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
• Prepare patients for procedure
• Educate patient, families, students and others on procedure
• Performs routine, urgent, and on-call procedures
• Utilize information management systems in appropriate manner
• Ensure the patient is imaged in a safe environment
• Seek opportunities to assist in overall patient care activities
• Troubleshoot equipment as needed
• Maintain positive lines of communication with radiologists, leadership, nurses, peers, and staff
• Evaluate images to determine technical acceptability
• Confirm the patient’s identity with approved identifiers
• Provide a positive experience to students as a clinical instructor
Being fully vaccinated against COVID-19, including any booster dose(s) of the COVID-19 vaccine recommended by the Centers for Disease Control when eligible, is required for all employees at Texas Children’s, unless approved for a medical or religious exemption
• Graduation from a formal diagnostic radiology program required
• MR-AART, R-AART, and CMRT certification required
• Thorough knowledge of MRI physics and procedures required
• Bilingual preferred
• Radiology experience (any/all modalities) experience preferred