About Texas Children's HospitalTexas Children’s Hospital The Woodlands is north Houston’s first true, free-standing pediatric hospital designed, equipped and staffed exclusively to provide care in more than 25 areas of specialty care for children and adolescents. Hospital facilities include 24 emergency center rooms, outpatient exam rooms, radiology rooms, operating rooms and acute care beds, as well as a pediatric intensive care unit (PICU). To join our community of 14,000+ dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org. Texas Children’s is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants and employees are considered and evaluated for positions at Texas Children's without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.
We are searching for a Surgical Technologist II- Full Time, 7a-3p someone who works well in a fast-paced hospital setting. In this position, you’ll handle instruments, supplies, and equipment necessary during the surgical procedure; and assist the physician while performing related patient care duties in an age appropriate manner as assigned by the circulating nurse (RN).
Think you’ve got what it takes?
• Performs patient care related duties
• Prepares O.R. equipment and supplies while performing patient care related duties in an age appropriate manner
• Demonstrates effective time management skills
• Cares for one or more of the following age groups routinely: Neonates, Infants, Toddler, Preschool Age, School Age, Adolescent, and Adult
•Being fully vaccinated against COVID-19, including any booster dose(s) of the COVID-19 vaccine recommended by the Centers for Disease Control when eligible, is required for all employees at Texas Children’s, unless approved for a medical or religious exemption
Educational program completion for surgical technologists which may include training programs for surgical technology in the army, navy, air force, marine corps, or coast guard of the United States or in the United States Public Health Service
• Certified Surgical Technologist (CST) by one of the following: National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting OR National Center for Competency Testing
• Two (2) years of experience as a surgical technologist and has experience in two or more surgical specialties
• Knowledge of a wide variety of instrumentation, equipment, supplies, and surgical procedures particular to an operating room
• Ability to communicate effectively, be attentive, and anticipate the needs of the surgeon
• Ability to operate sterilizers, microscopes, and surgical equipment related to surgical specialties, i.e., fiberoptic equipment, electrocautery unit, suction machines, orthopedic tourniquets, air powered equipment
• Ability to demonstrate an understanding and commitment to meeting customer needs