About Texas Children's Hospital
Texas Children’s Hospital West Campus is Houston’s first community hospital designed, built and equipped exclusively for children in one of the city’s most rapidly growing communities in the area from Sugar Land to Bryan-College Station, Texas. Located at I-10 and Barker Cypress, our 515,007-square-foot hospital houses the only 24/7 pediatric emergency room in the Greater West Houston area, four operating rooms, 16-bed pediatric intensive care unit, 46 acute care beds, advanced imaging services including MRI and CT scans, a neurophysiology sleep lab, a pathology lab and a full-scale pharmacy.
Texas Children’s is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants and employees are considered and evaluated for positions at Texas Children's without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.
We are searching for an Ambassador — someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you will help meet the unique needs of patients and families at Texas Children's Hospital, including transportation and lodging assistance, problem resolution, as well as patient and family programming.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
- Being fully vaccinated against COVID-19, including any booster dose(s) of the COVID-19 vaccine recommended by the Centers for Disease Control when eligible, is required for all employees at Texas Children’s unless approved for a medical or religious exemption.
- Required H.S. Diploma or GED
- Required 3 years related customer service experience
- Spanish speaking preferred and tracked as defined Communicating with Patients and Families with a Language Barrier Policy
- Provides concierge services to patients and families.
- Identifies needs within patient and family population and develops handouts/ website resources to address those needs, as evidenced by supervisor observation.
- Contacts out-of-town families to assess needs and provides referrals to appropriate resources.
- Assists families with obtaining reservations, lodging and transportation needs. Informs families of services available within hospital (Social Services, Family Relations, and Child Life) and contacts appropriate departments to assist families.
- Works with Ronald McDonald House to provide additional assistance to families of patients in intensive care units.
- Provides patient and family activities for waiting areas and ensures that supplies are maintained.
- Develops and implements programs for siblings during patient and family visits.
- Work with patients, families and staff to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Develops and implements staff training to ensure appropriate referral to Guest Services.
- Communicates with families bilingually to provide accurate information and ensure families understanding.
- Actively seeks out families to provide a high level of personal attention, as evidenced by family reports and supervisor observation.
- Documents and communicates to appropriate staff members issues raised by families.
- Works with staff to develop new customer service initiatives for individual units and hospital wide.
- Coordinates holidays and other activities for patients and families.
- Establish a strong partnership with Patient and Family Services, including Guest Services, Family Advocacy Services, Patient & Family Services, and Child Life & Social Work.
- Handles patient satisfaction issues and concerns.
Current Texas Children’s employees – Please click here to login.