About Texas Children's Hospital
We are searching for a Front Office Specialist for our TCP Kingsland -- someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you will coordinate and perform the scheduling of patients, receive and greet visitors, answer and handle incoming calls, coordinate the referral process, enter accurate billing information into system and transmit accurate claims.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
• Being fully vaccinated against COVID-19, including any booster dose(s) of the COVID-19 vaccine recommended by the Centers for Disease Control when eligible, is required for all employees at Texas Children’s, unless approved for a medical or religious exemption.
• High school diploma, GED or equivalent required
• 1-year related experience required
• Knowledge of related OSHA guidelines and requirements
• Knowledge of general office tasks, confidentiality, filing, medical terminology, and managed care referral processes
• Greets patients and visitors upon arrival utilizing Creating SMILES philosophies and AIDET principles
• Enters hospital charges into electronic billing system with 100% accuracy and within timelines established by practice protocol
• Balances payments received daily
• Assesses patient’s eligibility for referral by verifying coverage with payer prior to initiating referral
• Schedules appointments per practice protocol
• Verifies accurate patient demographic information with each visit and enters into electronic health record and electronic billing system per practice protocol with 100% accuracy
• Maintains integrity of electronic health record
• Provides operational support