About Texas Children's Hospital
We are searching for a Medical Social Worker for Psychiatry/Behavioral Health -- someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you will assist patients and their families in making psychosocial adaptations specific to their diagnosis, while facilitating eligibility determination for social programs and funding resources. This role will apply optimal utilization of health care services and community resources in accordance with the principles of human growth and development. The social worker will assess, plan, implement, deliver, monitor, and evaluate the options and services required to address a patient's individualized plan of care in collaboration with the interdisciplinary team to achieve discharge goals.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
• Develops and initiates the Psychosocial Plan of Care
• Provides support and intervention for families with legally complex cases evidenced by referral to appropriate community resources, or as documented in the medical record
• Works collaboratively with the Diabetes Educator and RNs within the clinic
• Engages and empowers patient/family in problem solving and decision making regarding their health care decisions as evidenced by documentation in the medical record and/or team observation/feedback
• Identifies problems/needs in the department and participates in the problem-solving process as evidenced by participation in department staff meetings, participation on a department committees and observation by the leadership team
• Utilizes quality improvement process to identify opportunities for improvement and establish/assess/evaluate best practice programs and services
• Educates self by reading professional literature and attending staff development and continuing education programs as evidenced by attendance and CEU records
• Provides evidence-based, and client-centered therapy to help patients and their families cope with their medical, behavioral, or mental health conditions
Being fully vaccinated against COVID-19, including any booster dose(s) of the COVID-19 vaccine recommended by the Centers for Disease Control when eligible, is required for all employees at Texas Children’s, unless approved for a medical or religious exemption
• Master’s degree in social work required
• LMSW, LCSW or LMSW-AP license from the Texas Health and Human Services Commission required
• 2-3 years’ experience in Social Work preferred
• Psychiatric/behavioral health/mental health experience preferred