About Texas Children's Hospital
Since 1954, Texas Children’s has been leading the charge in patient care, education and research to accelerate health care for children and women around the world. When you love what you do, it truly shows in the smiles of our patient families, employees and our numerous accolades such as being consistently ranked as the best children’s hospital in Texas, and among the top in the nation by U.S.News & World Report as well as recognition from Houston Business Journal as one of this city’s Best Places to Work for ten consecutive years.
Texas Children’s comprehensive health care network includes our primary hospital in the Texas Medical Center with expertise in over 40 pediatric subspecialties; the Jan and Dan Duncan Neurological Research Institute (NRI); the Feigin Center for pediatric research; Texas Children’s Pavilion for Women, a comprehensive obstetrics/gynecology facility focusing on high-risk births; Texas Children’s Hospital West Campus, a community hospital in suburban West Houston; and Texas Children’s Hospital The Woodlands, the first hospital devoted to children’s care for communities north of Houston. We have also created the nation’s first HMO for children, established the largest pediatric primary care network in the country and a global health program that is channeling care to children and women all over the world. Texas Children’s Hospital is also academically affiliated with Baylor College of Medicine, one of the largest, most diverse and successful pediatric programs in the nation.
Texas Children’s is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants and employees are considered and evaluated for positions at Texas Children's without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.
We are searching for a Transport Supply/Equip Tech-- someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, the transport supply and equipment technician has 24 hr accountability for management of all supplies and equipment for the Transport Team for all campuses. Manages all inventory, sets par levels, counts supplies, order supplies, stocks and return of supplies. Ensures equipment is well maintained by ensuring preventive maintenance and routine cleaning has been completed according to manufacturer guidelines. Establishes an equipment inventory for all campuses.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
Being fully vaccinated against COVID-19, including any booster dose(s) of the COVID-19 vaccine recommended by the Centers for Disease Control when eligible, is required for all employees at Texas Children’s, unless approved for a medical or religious exemption
- Highschool Diploma or GED is required
- 3 years of healthcare, supply management, equipment or inventory related experience
- Manages supply ordering, delivery and stocking for all campuses
- Inspects all products for expiration, package integrity and storage compliance of supplies and IV fluids in accordance with safety and security standards by various regulatory agencies including Joint Commissio
- Manages all technology and equipment for the Transport Team
- Develops and maintains effective working relationships and communicates relevant information, in a timely manner, to the director, managers, medical staff, interdepartmental liaisons and unit based staff
- Performs other job related duties as assigned and within assigned timeframe
Current Texas Children’s employees – Please click here to login.