About Texas Children's Hospital
We are searching for an MRI Generalist -- someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you will perform exceptional quality routine and specialized radiographic procedures at the request licensed independent practitioner for interpretation by Radiologists. The MRI Generalist is a liaison between patients, Radiologists, and other members of the support team. They are responsible for patient care, appropriate documentation, quality control, and quality improvement, and they provide training, education and mentoring to students, technologists, nursing, residents, fellows, staff, and others.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
• Being fully vaccinated against COVID-19, including any booster dose(s) of the COVID-19 vaccine recommended by the Centers for Disease Control when eligible, is required for all employees at Texas Children’s unless approved for a medical or religious exemption.
• Graduate of a formal diagnostic Radiology program required
• MR-AART certification from the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists required
• R-AART preferred
• CMRT from the Texas Medical Board preferred
• BLS certification from the American Heart Association required
• Confirms patient identity with approved identifiers
• Demonstrating age-appropriate care with all patients, appropriately prepares patients for procedures
• Assesses factors that may contraindicate the procedure such as medication contraindications, patient risk for reaction to medications, patient history, laboratory results, insufficient patient preparation or artifacts
• Provides information to patients, health care providers, students and the public concerning the role and responsibilities of individuals in the profession
• Performs routine, STAT, urgent, and on-call procedures while accurately demonstrating understanding of anatomy and pathology through proper imaging techniques
• Performs high quality imaging procedures determines technical settings, identifies, and removes artifact producing objects
• Responsible for precise, complete, and accurate data entry and image management in appropriate technology infrastructure: EPIC, PACS, etc
• Responsible for quality control activities on the equipment and collaborates with appropriate parties to resolve image quality issues
• Seeks opportunities to assist in overall patient care activities, assists radiologist and others as requested or needed