About Texas Children's Hospital
We are searching for a Patient Care Assistant -- someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you will perform a variety of routine and specialized patient care activities, as assigned, under the direction and supervision of the Registered Nurse (RN). Care will be delivered that incorporates family centered care in a cost-effective manner and is developmental and age-appropriate for the patient population.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
Being fully vaccinated against COVID-19, including any booster dose(s) of the COVID-19 vaccine recommended by the Centers for Disease Control when eligible, is required for all employees at Texas Children’s, unless approved for a medical or religious exemption
One of the following required addition to the high school diploma or GED
• Completion of a formal nursing assistant educational program or certification (e.g. Diploma/Course/Certificate/Associates Degree/etc. completed in a Certified Nurse Assistant, Medical Assistant, or similar clinical education program)
• Currently enrolled in a BSN degree program with one clinical rotation completed at the time of hire
• One (1) year of direct patient care experience
• Assists with the collection and documentation of patient/family data
• Provides general comfort measures and performs other miscellaneous ADL’s as assigned as evidenced by supervisory observation, verbal/written feedback
• Provides high quality, cost effective patient care in collaboration with the RN and in conjunction with the patient/family
• Assists in identifying patient/family response to care provided
• Maintains accountability for development of self and participates in development of others
• Demonstrates commitment to team, flexibility, professional interpersonal, communication, and customer service skills
• Participates in hospital/unit performance improvement as evidenced by supervisory observation and verbal/written feedback