About Texas Children's Hospital
We are searching for a Staff Pharmacist -- someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you will promote pharmaceutical care by managing the medication process, identifying and preventing potential drug-related problems, and resolving actual drug-related problems. Additionally, you perform the duties of a registered pharmacist. All responsibilities will be performed in a manner developmentally appropriate for the ages of patients served (0-adult).
Think you’ve got what it takes?
· Ensures medications meet the highest standards
· Participates in the education of patients, caregivers, and the community
· Supports patient safety systems
· Checks all available means of communication including e-mail, mailbox, and voicemail every shift
· Ensures the smooth running of the pharmacy and acts as a role model for technicians and other pharmacists as evidenced by lack of complaints, medication incident reports, and peer review
· Maintains investigational drug records according to departmental policy
· Contribute to the medication management process
· Conduct discharge medication review (difficult to obtain, prescription accuracy) and counseling, ensuring that patients/caregivers understand their medication therapies upon discharge
· Participates in study initiation, maintenance and closure
Being fully vaccinated against COVID-19, including any booster dose(s) of the COVID-19 vaccine recommended by the Centers for Disease Control when eligible, is required for all employees at Texas Children’s, unless approved for a medical or religious exemption
· Bachelor’s degree or Ph.D in Pharmacy required
· RPH certification from the state of Texas required