About Texas Children's Hospital
Since 1954, Texas Children’s has been leading the charge in patient care, education and research to accelerate health care for children and women around the world. When you love what you do, it truly shows in the smiles of our patient families, employees and our numerous accolades such as being consistently ranked as the best children’s hospital in Texas, and among the top in the nation by U.S.News & World Report as well as recognition from Houston Business Journal as one of this city’s Best Places to Work for ten consecutive years.
Texas Children’s comprehensive health care network includes our primary hospital in the Texas Medical Center with expertise in over 40 pediatric subspecialties; the Jan and Dan Duncan Neurological Research Institute (NRI); the Feigin Center for pediatric research; Texas Children’s Pavilion for Women, a comprehensive obstetrics/gynecology facility focusing on high-risk births; Texas Children’s Hospital West Campus, a community hospital in suburban West Houston; and Texas Children’s Hospital The Woodlands, the first hospital devoted to children’s care for communities north of Houston. We have also created the nation’s first HMO for children, established the largest pediatric primary care network in the country and a global health program that is channeling care to children and women all over the world. Texas Children’s Hospital is also academically affiliated with Baylor College of Medicine, one of the largest, most diverse and successful pediatric programs in the nation.
Texas Children’s is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants and employees are considered and evaluated for positions at Texas Children's without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.
We are searching for a Screening Associate -- someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you will ensure the proper screening of employees, patients and visitors that desire entry into any of our facilities.
• Being fully vaccinated against COVID-19, including any booster dose(s) of the COVID-19 vaccine recommended by the Centers for Disease Control when eligible, is required for all employees at Texas Children’s, unless approved for a medical or religious exemption
• High school diploma or GED required
• 1 year experience in customer service preferred
• Assists employees, contractors and patient families with appropriate screening questions
• Screen employees, contractors and patient families for elevated temperature through the use of handheld thermal scanner computer thermography
• Dispenses procedure masks for use by staff, contractors and patient families
• Sanitizes all surfaces and equipment prior to commencing work
• Ensures hand sanitizer is available for use by screening personnel and others
• Responds to all customer requests in a courteous and professional manner
• Monitors screening area to ensure proper social distancing measures are in place
• Assists with performing screening functions at both patient and employee stations or where needed
• Finishes and meets standards for all required training
Current Texas Children’s employees – Please click here to login.