About Texas Children's Hospital
We are searching for a Quality Specialist - Pharmacy -- someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you will Participate in the development and implementation of patient-focused medication quality and safety initiatives for Specialty Pharmacy. Collect, review and analyze quality data statistics to identify gaps and error prevention strategies. Responsible for external and inter-departmental coordination of pharmacy-related information systems to develop solutions. Partner with Specialty Leadership to ensure identified gaps are promptly and appropriately corrected.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
· Assists in the coordination of department-wide quality improvements promptly. Produces reports for quality improvement, guidelines, utilization, and outcomes, error-free and on time. Provides Specialty team with consulting and analysis services utilizing appropriate audit tools to support initiatives intended to achieve a breakthrough or incremental process improvement in patient care, measured by at least two improvements per year.
· Develop and track quality metrics required by policy, regulatory bodies or PBM contracts. Conducts audits to ensure ACD phone system is being staffed appropriately during business hours. Conducts audits to ensure the quality of technician proactive refill management calls. Conduct audits to ensure proper packing and cold chain procedures are being followed to ensure medication integrity and stability during transit.
· Communicates quality performance metrics to team members and educates leadership and staff as needed. Assists with selection and development of educational materials for staff. Evaluates the effectiveness of Quality Improvement tools when interacting with team members and modifies approach as necessary. Modifies tools based on evaluation. Provides at least three (3) educational sessions in one calendar year.
· Collaborates with process improvement teams regarding quality improvement information. Participates in and coordinates performance improvement activities. Develops formal plans and monitors compliance.
· Assists in all required projects as directed to meet departmental objectives. Works on projects, including preparation for health plan wide audits, as delegated by the Quality Management leadership, meeting assigned time frames. Suggests formats and application to enhance presentation of reports and data.
· Being fully vaccinated against COVID-19, including any booster dose(s) of the COVID-19 vaccine recommended by the Centers for Disease Control when eligible, is required for all employees at Texas Children’s unless approved for a medical or religious exemption.
· Bachelor's Degree required
· Preferred Licenses/Certifications:
o CPHQ - Cert-Cert Prof Healthcare Qual
o LSSC - Lean Six Sigma Certification
· 3 years’ experience in performance improvement or quality required.
· Dashboard Creation and AQI Training preferred