Since 1954, Texas Children’s has been leading the charge in patient care, education and research to accelerate health care for children and women around the world. When you love what you do, it truly shows in the smiles of our patient families, employees and our numerous accolades such as being consistently ranked as the best children’s hospital in Texas, and among the top in the nation by U.S.News & World Report as well as recognition from Houston Business Journal as one of this city’s Best Places to Work for ten consecutive years.
Texas Children’s comprehensive health care network includes our primary hospital in the Texas Medical Center with expertise in over 40 pediatric subspecialties; the Jan and Dan Duncan Neurological Research Institute (NRI); the Feigin Center for pediatric research; Texas Children’s Pavilion for Women, a comprehensive obstetrics/gynecology facility focusing on high-risk births; Texas Children’s Hospital West Campus, a community hospital in suburban West Houston; and Texas Children’s Hospital The Woodlands, the first hospital devoted to children’s care for communities north of Houston. We have also created the nation’s first HMO for children, established the largest pediatric primary care network in the country and a global health program that is channeling care to children and women all over the world. Texas Children’s Hospital is also academically affiliated with Baylor College of Medicine, one of the largest, most diverse and successful pediatric programs in the nation.
Texas Children’s is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants and employees are considered and evaluated for positions at Texas Children's without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.
We are looking for a Systems Analyst Sr - Epic. The ideal candidate for this position has strong technical skills and is a true professional. The technical skills include overall knowledge of Electronic Health Record implementation, maintenance and support, and of Information Technology to understand issues and assess impacts to Epic. Technical processes including full system implementation, change control, change management, documentation, detail-orientation, and troubleshooting are required. Previous experience with Epic is required. The attributes of a true professional include being customer service oriented, a team player, self-motivated but willing to take direction and adhere to processes, a need to take ownership of issues, and integrity in all matters.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
Being fully vaccinated against COVID-19, including any booster dose(s) of the COVID-19 vaccine recommended by the Centers for Disease Control when eligible, is required for all employees at Texas Children’s, unless approved for a medical or religious exemption.
• Knowledge of HER, Epic, current business practices and computing systems, interfaces, and Hospital and Medical Group Practice standard software.
• Epic certification is preferred
Specific experience we are looking for
- Software Support Experience
- Epic certifications preferred would be EpicCare Clinical Documentation, EpicCare Procedural Orders, Order Transmittal
- Experience leading collaborative workgroups and projects of various complexity
- (Certifications in addition to experience a plus, but not required)
3 highly desirable skills and competencies
- Problem-solving and decision making
- Documentation skills and strong process orientation
- Electronic Health Record application experience
• Translates users’ needs into detail requirement specifications.
• Facilitates and supports Epic system installation through the implementation cycle.
• Performs configuration analysis for system design.
• Analyzes system problems and modifications.
• Coordinates implementation and upgrades of systems.
Thank you for your interest in applying for this job position.
Texas Children’s is excited to announce that we are transitioning to a new applicant tracking system. During this transition, from April 11-17, 2016 our application functions on our Careers website will be temporarily deactivated.
We sincerely apologize for this inconvenience. Visit us on Monday, April 18, 2016 to check out our new features and apply!