About Texas Children's Hospital
Texas Children’s Pavilion for Women is a comprehensive obstetrics/gynecology facility and one of a select few hospitals nationwide that provides women, mothers and babies with a full continuum of high-quality, expert health care. Offering a full spectrum of maternal and fetal medicine services, including an array of fetal diagnostic procedures and highly specialized fetal surgeries, the Pavilion for Women is connected to Texas Children’s Hospital via a two-story circular sky bridge to enhance patient care by providing physicians, staff and patient families with rapid access to other pediatric subspecialists. Three private OB/GYN practices, The Family Fertility Center, The Menopause Center and The Women’s Place – Center for Reproductive Psychiatry are all housed here. Additionally, we also recently opened a community-based OB/GYN practice in Pearland.
Texas Children’s is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants and employees are considered and evaluated for positions at Texas Children's without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.
- Serves as a receptionist to all visitors, provides appropriate information upon request, and accurately takes and delivers family messages, locates families at request of health team members
- Positively interacts with other members of the health care team, in order to meet the needs of the patient and family
- Promptly and courteously answers patient calls and notifies the appropriate clinician of the patient’s need
- Greets all visitors courteously with respect to social, cultural, and ethnic needs
- Demonstrates cost effective materials management by maintaining and ordering supplies, appropriate par levels, and proper equipment and functioning as measured by supervisory observation, verbal/written feedback
- Ensures Chart Lite contain all necessary forms that are clearly labeled, as measured by supervisory observation, verbal/written feedback
- Ensures daily charges are entered, audited, and reconciled to include follow-up on discrepancies as measured by supervisory observation and accuracy of reconciliation reports
- Incorporates the use of available software programs to meet unit needs as measured by supervisory observation
- Greets all persons entering and exiting the unit and provides identification stickers to visitors
- Remains current in unit/hospital information by attending unit meetings and reading meeting minutes 90% of the time, as measured by review of unit records
Being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 is required for all employees at Texas Children’s, unless approved for a medical or religious exemption.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- One (1) year experience as secretarial/administrative coordinator in hospital/doctor’s office is preferred
- Knowledge of basic secretarial functions and excellent customer service skills
- Ability to speak Spanish is preferred
- Ability to operate office equipment, telephone system, personal computer, facsimile and photocopy machine
- Demonstrates good time management skills
- Demonstrates good interpersonal skills
- Demonstrate good written and verbal communication
Current Texas Children’s employees – Please click here to login.