About Texas Children's Hospital
Founded in 2013 by Texas Children's Health Plan, The Center for Children and Women is a NCQA recognized patient and family-centered medical home that provides enrolled Texas Children's Health Plan members the highest quality community-based health care, education, and advocacy. We have two locations at Greenspoint and Southwest Houston.
Texas Children’s is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants and employees are considered and evaluated for positions at Texas Children's without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.
We are searching for a Diabetes Educator -- someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you will provide assessment, goal setting, education and behavioral intervention, and on-going case management to patients and caregivers to promote diabetes self-management in the inpatient and ambulatory settings.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
- Being fully vaccinated against COVID-19, including any booster dose(s) of the COVID-19 vaccine recommended by the Centers for Disease Control when eligible, is required for all employees at Texas Children’s, unless approved for a medical or religious exemption.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- CDCES from the Certification Board of Diabetes Care and Education required
- RN or RD license from the Commission on Dietetic Registration required
- LD from the Texas State Board of Examiners of Dietitians preferred
- 2 years professional clinical experience required
- Teaches patient/family skills for diabetes self-management. Assesses patient family knowledge, individualized the education plan based on learner’s social, economic, cultural and age- appropriate need
- Evaluates patient needs at appropriate intervals and suggests appropriate management strategies, including IIM and diabetes technology
- Documents all patient care related activities within the medical record according to established guidelines and formats
- Develops and provides education materials and resources for TCH staff, patients, caregivers, and the community
- Maintains practice at appropriate levels by attending continuing education activities and staying abreast of current evidence-based practice
- Implements proper protocols for diabetes patient management
- Provides case management related services including requests for durable medical equipment, preauthorization paperwork, and coordination of care with other healthcare providers
- When appropriate a Diabetes Education Specialist/Diabetes Educator with an RD/RDN credential, may assess and provide nutritional care to patients
Current Texas Children’s employees – Please click here to login.