About Texas Children's Hospital
Texas Children’s Health Plan
Founded in 1996, Texas Children’s Health Plan is the nation's first health maintenance organization (HMO) created just for children. We provide STAR/Medicaid and Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP) to pregnant women, teens, children and adults in Houston and surrounding areas. Currently, the Health Plan has more than 375,000 members who receive care from our network of more than 1,100
primary care physicians, 3,200 specialists, and 70 hospitals. Texas Children's Health Plan is also the largest combined STAR/CHIP Managed Care Organization in the Harris County service area.
To join our community of 14,000 dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org
for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org
. At Texas Children’s Hospital, diversity, equity, and inclusion are at the core of our values and mission for all of our patients and families that we serve. We are committed to providing a diverse and inclusive work environment for all faculty, staff and learners throughout our organization. We believe that each member of our one amazing team provides enrichment that allows us to create a lasting legacy for future employees of this great organization.
Texas Children’s is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants and employees are considered and evaluated for positions at Texas Children's without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.
We are searching for a Coordinator of Employee Development -- someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you will develop, implement, and maintain training programs for new and existing employees. Provides regular, timely feedback to the Managers and Team Leaders to ensure measurements are in place to validate training accuracy, comprehension, and effectiveness. Responsible for becoming an expert in system knowledge, policy, and procedural changes relating to state and departmental changes. This position is critical in the development and ongoing training of employees.
Think you’ve got what it takes
- Develops and coordinates New Employee Training Program
- Designs and develops training manuals and/or programs specific to the member service call center
- Designs and develops training manual and/or programs specific to the marketing department, outreach department, specialty units call center, and STAR Kids service line
- Designs and develops E-Learning curriculum and conducts instructor-led training
- Coordinates scheduling and administration of training topics. This includes topics such as company required training and departmental development
- Analyzes current training material monthly to ensure accuracy and devises new ones whenever necessary
- Maintains subject matter expertise in the areas of instructions
- Designs develops and distributes training tools such as standard operating procedures, reference guides, and quick reference cards
- Coordinates new employee setup, including computers, supplies, system access, etc.
- Evaluates training effectiveness through post-training surveys and grading tools developed within each department
- Designs develops and implements online E-Learning testing per training modules for new employees to capture a baseline of knowledge mastery and determine if content must be re-trained to employees prior to his/her release to their department
- Designs a New Employee transition summary for the Team Lead/Manager, so the new employee may receive continued coaching within the identified areas of risk
- Facilitates ABAY (nesting) period for new hire Member Services Representatives. During this period the MSR will be monitored live and given real-time feedback and support. The coordinator will hold pre-work sessions and EOD debriefs to discuss the challenges of the day
- Develop and provide training for existing employees
- Provides staff with ongoing job-specific training programs, in-services, and continuing education opportunities
- Develops and completes job-specific training as identified by the Team Leader, Manager, or Director
- Attends training classes and/or meetings to receive updates/changes to internal and/or state requirement processes and provide training to department
- Tracks and trends areas of deficiency within various service segments and develops targeted training to reduce and/or eliminate knowledge deficiency and/or errors
- Publishes quarterly update summary by the department and removes old data from service areas to ensure that the employees are not utilizing outdated data to service members
- Maintains a high level of expertise on STAR Kids waivers programs, which are current and those set to expire to make sure that appropriate guidelines are provided to employees in a timely matter
- Designs, develops, and implements online E-Learning modules that will require recertification annually for each service department (e.g. Cultural Competency, HIPAA) which will ensure that existing employees do not deviate from department
- policies/procedures and processes
- Responsible for maintenance of our knowledge base tool including but not limited to publishing and updating information.
- Provide Information System Application Expertise
- Performs specific training on Information Systems used in Member Services
- Recommends Application and Program enhancements
- Provides recommendations to improve workflow process and system utilization and interaction
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
- Being fully vaccinated against COVID-19, including any booster dose(s) of the COVID-19 vaccine recommended by the Centers for Disease Control when eligible, is required for all employees at Texas Children’s unless approved for a medical or religious exemption
- Bachelor's Degree in business, communication, healthcare, or related industry
- 2 years of experience designing and developing curriculum using E-Learning software and 2 years previous training experience in an HMO administration area
Current Texas Children’s employees – Please click here to login.