About Texas Children's Hospital
Since 1954, Texas Children’s has been leading the charge in patient care, education and research to accelerate health care for children and women around the world. When you love what you do, it truly shows in the smiles of our patient families, employees and our numerous accolades such as being consistently ranked as the best children’s hospital in Texas, and among the top in the nation by U.S.News & World Report as well as recognition from Houston Business Journal as one of this city’s Best Places to Work for ten consecutive years.
Texas Children’s comprehensive health care network includes our primary hospital in the Texas Medical Center with expertise in over 40 pediatric subspecialties; the Jan and Dan Duncan Neurological Research Institute (NRI); the Feigin Center for pediatric research; Texas Children’s Pavilion for Women, a comprehensive obstetrics/gynecology facility focusing on high-risk births; Texas Children’s Hospital West Campus, a community hospital in suburban West Houston; and Texas Children’s Hospital The Woodlands, a second community hospital opening in 2017. We have also created the nation’s first HMO for children, established the largest pediatric primary care network in the country and a global health program that is channeling care to children and women all over the world. Texas Children’s Hospital is also academically affiliated with Baylor College of Medicine, one of the largest, most diverse and successful pediatric programs in the nation.
To join our community of 13,000 dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org.
We are searching for a Sr. Decision Support Analyst -- someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you will maintain a framework in which the Hospital's financial and statistical performance can be continually measured.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
- Maintains daily, weekly, and monthly processing of EPSi from source systems along with yearly tables and other ad-hoc loads and processes
- Ensure the accuracy and integrity of daily patient data imported into the DSS
- Validation and manipulation of source system information so that extracted information for the EPSi system is meaningful
- Development and maintenance of Product Lines and other hierarchical setups
- Participate in all aspects of system upgrades
- Loading and auditing monthly payroll and general ledger information and validation of system generated calculations
- Yearly cost center setup and processing established to ensure a consistent flow of data
- Develops annual cost standard review process and works with department managers and key personnel to develop and maintain accurate cost per unit values for each patient chargeable product
- Identifies differences between actual results and budgeted units of service and also monitors for significant changes in trends
- Prepares monthly financial reports and analyses for departments and Financial Council meetings where needed and as scheduled
- Meet with leaders and other customers to understand the scope, essential details, and required timeframe of the special project request
- Utilizes the EPSi decision support system and other sources of information to assimilate and analyze data and present results to management with proposed outcomes
- Adjusts analysis and presentation of the special projects as required
- Assist in the analysis and interpretation of data used throughout TCH.
- Bachelor's Degree in finance or accounting
- 5 years’ experience in decision support and/or cost accounting experience in a health-related organization
- Being fully vaccinated against COVID-19, including any booster dose(s) of the COVID-19 vaccine recommended by the Centers for Disease Control when eligible, is required for all employees at Texas Children’s unless approved for a medical or religious exemption
- Experience with EPSi or Strata preferred
Current Texas Children’s employees – Please click here to login.