About Texas Children's Hospital
Founded in 1996, Texas Children’s Health Plan is the nation's first health maintenance organization (HMO) created just for children. We provide STAR/Medicaid and Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP) to pregnant women, teens, children and adults in Houston and surrounding areas. Currently, the Health Plan has more than 375,000 members who receive care from our network of more than 1,100 primary care physicians, 3,200 specialists, and 70 hospitals. Texas Children's Health Plan is also the largest combined STAR/CHIP Managed Care Organization in the Harris County service area.To join our community of 14,000+dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org
for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org
.Texas Children’s is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants and employees are considered and evaluated for positions at Texas Children's without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.
We are searching for a Project Manager -- someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you will lead multiple integrated, complex projects with impact across the organization.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
- Manages multiple mandatory, essential, high, moderate and/or low business priority projects
- Determines staff resource needs for analysts, programmers, vendors, user personnel, consultants, and equipment by assessing the size, duration, scope, and complexity of the project
- Formulates, administers, and maintains the detailed Project Plan, using the Project Management tool, which will include all required activities, tasks, risks, issues, and resources requirements leading to a successful and timely implementation
- Provides regular project status reports as required
- Determines, analyzes, and formulates current practices, user needs, and workflow processes, issues, and potential solutions on projects
- Appraises alternative systems approaches for workability and economic feasibility
- Serves as representative/participating member of designated committees
- Uses facilitation and interpersonal skills to manage conflicts within the project team and escalate and involve Supervisor where deemed appropriate
- Being fully vaccinated against COVID-19, including any booster dose(s) of the COVID-19 vaccine recommended by the Centers for Disease Control when eligible, is required for all employees at Texas Children’s, unless approved for a medical or religious exemption
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 4 years business, project, finance and/or healthcare experience required
- A master’s degree in computer science, finance, business administration, biology, or other business, healthcare or science related field can be substituted for two years of the experience requirement
Current Texas Children’s employees – Please click here to login.