LyTorre is The Difference – in step with patients and families to build connections and trust.LyTorre is The Difference
We are searching for a Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) -- someone who works well in a fast-paced primary care setting. In this position, you’ll gather information, assess, and provide direct care to patients. You’ll also work collaboratively with other members of the health-care team to render age-appropriate care.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
Being fully vaccinated against COVID-19, including any booster dose(s) of the COVID-19 vaccine recommended by the Centers for Disease Control when eligible, is required for all employees at Texas Children’s, unless approved for a medical or religious exemption.
• High school graduate, GED, or equivalent
• Graduation from an accredited school of Licensed Vocational Nursing (or Documentation from the Texas Board of Nursing verifying an exception to the requirement for a diploma from a school of vocational nursing)
• Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) by the State of Texas Board of Nurse Examiners.
• Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required from the American Heart Association
• Assists with the collection of patient/family data
• Provides general patient care
• Administers medication and immunizations
• Supports patient/families in self-management of their health through assisting with education
• Triages patients
• Coordinates referrals
• Collects specimens and performs laboratory test
• Demonstrates Creating SMILES and AIDET philosophies to patients, families, and co-workers
About Texas Children’s