LyTorre is The Difference – in step with patients and families to build connections and trust.LyTorre is The Difference
We are searching for a Registered Nurse—someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position you’ll provide direct and telephone nursing care, health teaching, patient advocacy, coordination of care, and the coordination of services required for patients outside clinical setting. We need someone who can provide family-centered care to a culturally diverse population in a manner that is age and developmentally appropriate.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
Being fully vaccinated against COVID-19, including any booster dose(s) of the COVID-19 vaccine recommended by the Centers for Disease Control when eligible, is required for all employees at Texas Children’s, unless approved for a medical or religious exemption.
• Bachelor of science in nursing, associate’s degree in nursing, or diploma in nursing (bachelor of science in nursing is preferred)
• Current licensure with the Board of Nursing for the State of Texas or Nursing Licensure Compact
• Basic Life Support (BLS) or Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) from American Heart Association required
• 1 year of professional nursing experience preferred
• Knowledge of nursing functions, basic anatomy and physiology, and diagnostic procedures
• Ability to demonstrate and perform generic and unit-based/critical competencies
• Assesses patients
• Coordinates care plans
• Collaborates with the patient, family and members of the health care team to establish desired outcomes and to meet immediate and future health care needs
• Implements care plans
• Evaluates care plans
• Educates patients, families and community
• Demonstrates positive and effective interpersonal skills, communication, and customer service skills
• Demonstrates the ability to manage time and resources in a cost-effective manner
• Accountable for maintaining professional development of self and participates in development of others
About Texas Children’s