About Texas Children's Hospital
We are searching for a Manager Patient Care Nursing, Inpatient – Emergency Center (Nights) - someone who works well in a fast-paced hospital setting. In this position, you will maintain shift accountability for clinical and personnel activities and to provide support to the Assistant Clinical Director. The Patient Care Manager participates in the delivery of high quality, family centered and developmentally appropriate patient care at the unit level.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
Being fully vaccinated against COVID-19, including any booster dose(s) of the COVID-19 vaccine recommended by the Centers for Disease Control when eligible, is required for all employees at Texas Children’s, unless approved for a medical or religious exemption.
• Bachelor’s degree in Nursing (BSN)
• Current RN Licensure by the Texas Board of Nurses or Nurse Licensure Compact
• BLS – Cert-Basic Life Support issued by the American Heart Association
• Two (2) years of emergency room nursing experience
• Leadership experience strongly preferred
• Maintains clinical competency, by ensuring that the physiologic, psychosocial, and developmental needs of the patient are met, within a family-centered care environment
• Monitors and facilitates patient throughput to ensure the delivery of safe quality and efficient care
• Coordinates and collaborates patient care needs with appropriate members of the healthcare team to achieve desired clinical outcomes and management of care across the continuum
• Demonstrates effective communication skills with health care team and works to eliminate communication barriers. Serves as a liaison between physicians, families, nursing staff and ancillary departments
• Observes, identifies, and addresses human resources issues for assigned staff. Coaches, counsels, and develops nursing staff to ensure the delivery of high quality patient care
• Supports the implementation of unit goals and communication of the organization’s strategic plan to staff
• Participates in unit-based quality initiatives for the purpose of developing and monitoring clinical outcomes that demonstrate nursing excellence