About Texas Children's HospitalFounded in 1996, Texas Children’s Health Plan is the nation's first health maintenance organization (HMO) created just for children. We provide STAR/Medicaid and Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP) to pregnant women, teens, children and adults in Houston and surrounding areas. Currently, the Health Plan has more than 375,000 members who receive care from our network of more than 1,100 primary care physicians, 3,200 specialists, and 70 hospitals. Texas Children's Health Plan is also the largest combined STAR/CHIP Managed Care Organization in the Harris County service area. To join our community of 14,000 dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org. At Texas Children’s Hospital, diversity, equity, and inclusion are at the core of our values and mission for the women and children that we serve. We are committed to providing a diverse and inclusive work environment for all faculty, staff and learners throughout our organization. We believe that each member of our one amazing team provides enrichment that allows us to create a lasting legacy for future employees of this great organization. Texas Children’s is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants and employees are considered and evaluated for positions at Texas Children's without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.
We are looking for a Project Manager responsible for the organization and project management of broad based department initiatives. Knowledge of project management skills (example: project planning, timeline, metrics, and process mapping). Familiarity with healthcare operations and analyzing / interpreting quality and financial data. Applicant must have the ability to work with various computer applications such as MS Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint. Incumbent should also demonstrate the ability to use computerized accounting systems, spreadsheets, word processing, effective written and verbal communication and presentation with subordinates, executive level management, and professional level positions outside of the TCH system.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
• Serve as project manager for various multi-faceted strategic and business related projects
• Analyzes project standards, methodologies, and impacts
• Customer Service
• Prepares and analyzes project metrics and assists in background research as needed
• This role also involves strategic influence skills, analytical thinking, tactical planning skills, attention to detail, time management skills and conflict resolution skills.
• Must be able to interpret financial results, generate reports, identify market trends and recommend courses of action to management.
• Professional demeanor, phone etiquette, and dress are required. Individual must be capable of facilitating projects and data requests between internal stakeholders professionally and proficiently. Needs to demonstrate the ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
Being fully vaccinated against COVID-19, including any booster dose(s) of the COVID-19 vaccine recommended by the Centers for Disease Control when eligible, is required for all employees at Texas Children’s, unless approved for a medical or religious exemption.