About Texas Children's HospitalTexas Children’s Hospital West Campus is Houston’s first community hospital designed, built and equipped exclusively for children in one of the city’s most rapidly growing communities in the area from Sugar Land to Bryan-College Station, Texas. Located at I-10 and Barker Cypress, our 515,007-square-foot hospital houses the only 24/7 pediatric emergency room in the Greater West Houston area, four operating rooms, 16-bed pediatric intensive care unit, 46 acute care beds, advanced imaging services including MRI and CT scans, a neurophysiology sleep lab, a pathology lab and a full-scale pharmacy. To join our community of 14,000+ dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org. Texas Children’s is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants and employees are considered and evaluated for positions at Texas Children's without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.
We are searching for a Staff Pharmacist -- someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you will promote pharmaceutical care by managing the medication process, identifying and preventing potential drug-related problems, and resolving actual drug-related problems. Additionally, you perform the duties of a registered pharmacist. All responsibilities will be performed in a manner developmentally appropriate for the ages of patients served (0-adult).
Think you’ve got what it takes?
· Ensures medications meet the highest standards
· Participates in the education of patients, caregivers, and the community
· Supports patient safety systems
· Checks all available means of communication including e-mail, mailbox, and voicemail every shift
· Ensures the smooth running of the pharmacy and acts as a role model for technicians and other pharmacists as evidenced by lack of complaints, medication incident reports, and peer review
· Maintains investigational drug records according to departmental policy
· Contribute to the medication management process
· Conduct discharge medication review (difficult to obtain, prescription accuracy) and counseling, ensuring that patients/caregivers understand their medication therapies upon discharge
· Participates in study initiation, maintenance and closure
Being fully vaccinated against COVID-19, including any booster dose(s) of the COVID-19 vaccine recommended by the Centers for Disease Control when eligible, is required for all employees at Texas Children’s, unless approved for a medical or religious exemption
· Bachelor’s degree or Ph.D in Pharmacy required
· RPH certification from the state of Texas required