About Texas Children's Hospital
Since 1954, Texas Children’s has been leading the charge in patient care, education and research toaccelerate health care for children and women around the world. When you love what you do, it trulyshowsinthesmilesofourpatient families,employees andour numerousaccoladessuchas beingconsistently ranked as the best children’s hospital in Texas, and among the top in the nation byU.S.News & World Report as well as recognition from Houston Business Journal as one of this city’s BestPlacestoWorkfortenconsecutiveyears.Texas Children’s comprehensive health care network includes our primary hospital in the Texas MedicalCenter with expertise in over 40 pediatric subspecialties; the Jan and Dan Duncan Neurological ResearchInstitute (NRI); the Feigin Center for pediatric research; Texas Children’s Pavilion for Women, acomprehensive obstetrics/gynecology facility focusing on high-risk births; Texas Children’s Hospital WestCampus, a community hospital in suburban West Houston; and Texas Children’s Hospital TheWoodlands,the firsthospitaldevotedtochildren’s carefor communitiesnorthof Houston.Wehavealsocreatedthenation’sfirstHMOforchildren,establishedthelargestpediatric primarycarenetworkinthecountryanda globalhealth programthat ischannelingcare tochildrenandwomenallovertheworld.TexasChildren’sHospital isalso academically affiliatedwithBaylor CollegeofMedicine,oneofthelargest,mostdiverseandsuccessfulpediatricprogramsinthenation.To join our community of 14,000 dedicated team members, visittexaschildrenspeople.org
for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture atinfinitepassion.org
. At Texas Children’s Hospital, diversity, equity, and inclusion are at the core of our values and mission for all of our patients and families that we serve. We are committed to providing a diverse and inclusive work environment for all faculty, staff and learners throughout our organization. We believe that each member of our one amazing team provides enrichment that allows us to create alasting legacy for future employees of this great organization. Texas Children’s is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants and employees are considered and evaluated for positions at Texas Children's without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.
We are searching for a Sr. Programmer Analyst -- someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you will organize and administer the configuration and development of Integrated Delivery Systems, devise and design technical requirements of systems, and are charged with the documentation and development of well-defined methods, procedures, programs, and configurations in the delivery of systems.
- Analyzes and conducts the design and modification of Integrated Delivery System systems. Analyzes and determines computerized solutions for the Integrated Delivery System concerning compliance with regulatory agencies and the TCH strategic plan. Appraises effectiveness of systems flow, data usage, and manual or automated processes to identify ineffectiveness or inefficiency of the system
- Implements and controls the configuration and development of systems. Controls system configuration and development process by establishing standards, measuring work in process, interpreting results, and taking corrective action. Develops and administers the system configuration and development plan. Delegates tasks and responsibilities to team members according to ability, priority, etc
- Administers program and system tests. Develops and administers data verification methods and plans as needed. Assures coded logic performs as required by testing and correcting programs via trial runs and combines individual programs into a job stream. Performs system integration testing to ensure system integrity.
- Develops system documentation. Develops documentation standards. Prepares program code documentation in compliance with standards. Prepares system configuration procedures in compliance with standards. Prepares documentation concerning program and configuration issues, bugs, and resolutions in compliance with standards.
- Maintains systems. Controls system operations by finding and correcting errors in the system. Implements modifications to the system to accommodate new or changing requirements. Provides emergency support for malfunctioning systems.
- Coordinates activities and information dissemination with the manager, other Information Services personnel, users, and vendors. Coordinates development and maintenance programming activities with management, other Information Services personnel, users, or vendors during all phases of the system life cycle
- Participates in strategic planning and Hospital-wide data planning. Participates in the development of a minimum of data set for all information systems. Participates in the development of a defined and structured data dictionary for usage with all implementation efforts and to provide a uniform understanding enterprise-wide of the data between interacting systems
- Being fully vaccinated against COVID-19, including any booster dose(s) of the COVID-19 vaccine recommended by the Centers for Disease Control when eligible, is required for all employees at Texas Children’s unless approved for a medical or religious exemption
- Required H.S. Diploma or GED with a preferred master’s degree in Science Degree
- Required 8 years of major system design and implementation experience with preferred project management or project leadership experience
- Bachelor’s degree will substitute four (4) years of work experience. A Master’s degree will substitute for two (2) years of work experience. Up to two (2) years of clinical patient care and/or clinical research experience may substitute for up to two (2) years of information systems experience on a month-to-month basis.
Current Texas Children’s employees – Please click here to login.