About Texas Children's HospitalTexas Children’s Pavilion for Women is a comprehensive obstetrics/gynecology facility and one of a select few hospitals nationwide that provides women, mothers and babies with a full continuum of high-quality, expert health care. Offering a full spectrum of maternal and fetal medicine services, including an array of fetal diagnostic procedures and highly specialized fetal surgeries, the Pavilion for Women is connected to Texas Children’s Hospital via a two-story circular sky bridge to enhance patient care by providing physicians, staff and patient families with rapid access to other pediatric subspecialists. Three private OB/GYN practices, The Family Fertility Center, The Menopause Center and The Women’s Place – Center for Reproductive Psychiatry are all housed here. Additionally, we also recently opened a community-based OB/GYN practice in Pearland. To join our community of 14,000 dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org. At Texas Children’s Hospital, diversity, equity, and inclusion are at the core of our values and mission for the women and children that we serve. We are committed to providing a diverse and inclusive work environment for all faculty, staff and learners throughout our organization. We believe that each member of our one amazing team provides enrichment that allows us to create a lasting legacy for future employees of this great organization. Texas Children’s is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants and employees are considered and evaluated for positions at Texas Children's without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.
We are searching for a Surgical Technologist II- someone who works well in a fast-paced hospital setting. In this position, you’ll handle instruments, supplies, and equipment necessary during the surgical procedure; and assist the physician while performing related patient care duties in an age appropriate manner as assigned by the circulating nurse (RN).
Think you’ve got what it takes?
• Performs patient care related duties
• Prepares O.R. equipment and supplies while performing patient care related duties in an age appropriate manner
• Demonstrates effective time management skills
• Cares for one or more of the following age groups routinely: Neonates, Infants, Toddler, Preschool Age, School Age, Adolescent, and Adult
Being fully vaccinated against COVID-19, including any booster dose(s) of the COVID-19 vaccine recommended by the Centers for Disease Control when eligible, is required for all employees at Texas Children’s, unless approved for a medical or religious exemption
• Educational program completion for surgical technologists which may include training programs for surgical technology in the army, navy, air force, marine corps, or coast guard of the United States or in the United States Public Health Service
• Certified Surgical Technologist (CST) by one of the following: National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting OR National Center for Competency Testing
• Two (2) years of experience as a surgical technologist and has experience in two or more surgical specialties
• Knowledge of a wide variety of instrumentation, equipment, supplies, and surgical procedures particular to an operating room
• Ability to communicate effectively, be attentive, and anticipate the needs of the surgeon
• Ability to operate sterilizers, microscopes, and surgical equipment related to surgical specialties, i.e., fiberoptic equipment, electrocautery unit, suction machines, orthopedic tourniquets, air powered equipment
• Ability to demonstrate an understanding and commitment to meeting customer needs