About Texas Children's HospitalTexas Children’s HospitalSince 1954, Texas Children’s has been leading the charge in patient care, education and research to accelerate health care for children and women around the world. When you love what you do, it truly shows in the smiles of our patient families, employees and our numerous accolades such as being consistently ranked as the best children’s hospital in Texas, and among the top in the nation by U.S.News & World Reportas well as recognition from Houston Business Journalas one of this city’s Best Places to Work for ten consecutive years.Texas Children’s comprehensive health care network includes our primary hospital in the Texas Medical Center with expertise in over 40 pediatric subspecialties; the Jan and Dan Duncan Neurological Research Institute (NRI); the Feigin Center for pediatric research; Texas Children’s Pavilion for Women, a comprehensive obstetrics/gynecology facility focusing on high-risk births; Texas Children’s Hospital West Campus, a community hospital in suburban West Houston; and Texas Children’s Hospital The Woodlands, the first hospital devoted to children’s care for communities north of Houston.We have also created the nation’s first HMO for children, established the largest pediatric primary care networkin the country and a global health program that is channeling care to children and women all over the world. Texas Children’s Hospital is also academically affiliated with Baylor College of Medicine, one of the largest, most diverse and successful pediatric programs in the nation. To join our community of 14,000+dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org.Texas Children’s is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants and employees are considered and evaluated for positions at Texas Children's without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.
We are searching for an Administrative Assistant -- someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you will provide direct administrative support for multiple leaders, one of which must include primary support to a Texas Children's Director or a Physician in a Leadership level that is approved by the Physician Compensation Executive Committee (PCEG).
Think you’ve got what it takes?
· Act as Administrative Liaison to the Director or other leaders
· Coordinate events, and conferences including preparation of itineraries, and travel accommodations as directed by supervisor
· Compose, format, and proofread a variety of materials including typewritten correspondence, memoranda, and various reports as instructed
· Format all correspondence in accordance with current graphics standards set by the Hospital within current graphics standards set by the Hospital within current grammar and secretarial practices
· Accurately prepare appropriate requisitions and obtains signatures and approvals for the purchase requests, contract renewals, purchase orders, or any internal/external services
· Open and review incoming mail as requested
· Maintain departmental Organizational Charts, Departmental Forms, Department Intranet Website and/or Policy and Procedures
· Serve as timekeeper for the department
· Maintain and exhibit in-depth knowledge of all areas of office techniques, principles, and applications and assist others with procedural and application questions
Being fully vaccinated against COVID-19, including any booster dose(s) of the COVID-19 vaccine recommended by the Centers for Disease Control when eligible, is required for all employees at Texas Children’s, unless approved for a medical or religious exemption.
· High school diploma or equivalent required
· Bachelor’s degree preferred
· 3 years’ experience in administrative support required