About Texas Children's HospitalTexas Children’s Hospital West Campus is Houston’s first community hospital designed, built and equipped exclusively for children in one of the city’s most rapidly growing communities in the area from Sugar Land to Bryan-College Station, Texas. Located at I-10 and Barker Cypress, our 515,007-square-foot hospital houses the only 24/7 pediatric emergency room in the Greater West Houston area, four operating rooms, 16-bed pediatric intensive care unit, 46 acute care beds, advanced imaging services including MRI and CT scans, a neurophysiology sleep lab, a pathology lab and a full-scale pharmacy. To join our community of 14,000+ dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org. Texas Children’s is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants and employees are considered and evaluated for positions at Texas Children's without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.
We are searching for an MRI Advanced Specialist -- someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you will use technical, leadership, educational, quality, and regulatory knowledge to organize the activities for timely and high-quality delivery of patient care during routine and complex exam completion. You will also perform exceptional quality routine and specialized MRI procedures at the request licensed independent practitioner for interpretation by radiologists. You’ll integrate scientific knowledge; technical skills, patient interaction and compassionate care resulting in diagnostic information, and recognizes patient conditions essential for successful completion of the procedure.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
• Supervise Routine and Specialized examinations, assigns tasks, and inspects completed work to ensure compliance with applicable federal, state, local, institutional, and departmental standards, rules, and laws
• Ensure required PAR level inventory in on hand to ensure adequate stock is available to facilitate continuous exam flow
• Actively manage workflow in communication with nursing, anesthesia, and other impacted parties
• Strictly adhere to Joint Commission or other standards and initiatives and to applicable federal and state guidelines, licensures, and policies
• Document incidents, variances, unusual circumstances or patient concerns and complete Safety Scoops for variations from normal practices
• Responsible for training, and development of staff and students on all new policies, procedures, and SOPs
• Ensure clinical research patients are treated with same procedural respect and standards as clinical procedures
• Greet all patients, visitors, and staff in a professional, courteous and respectful manner
• Work independently and assist team in completing routine and complex portable, STAT, urgent, on-call and potentially MRI cases, while demonstrating understanding of anatomy and pathology through proper imaging techniques
• Participate and lead continuing education in-service programs and read professional publications, review procedure manuals, and attend trainings
• Technical diploma from a formal diagnostic radiology program required
• CMRT, MR-ARRT, and R-ARRT licenses required
• 6 years’ experience in radiology and any/all modalities required
• 6 years MRI experience preferred
•Being fully vaccinated against COVID-19, including any booster dose(s) of the COVID-19 vaccine recommended by the Centers for Disease Control when eligible, is required for all employees at Texas Children’s, unless approved for a medical or religious exemption